Clinical Field Specialist (Europe)
Job Title: Clinical Field Specialist (Europe)
Department: 30; Clinical
Reports to: Clinical Field Manager
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The Clinical Field Specialist (Europe) will support regional conduction of clinical research within participating research centers for our global clinical trials. The Clinical Field Specialist (CFS) is responsible for developing positive relationships with our investigative groups by providing clinical protocol and medical device training, clinical investigation awareness, continuing education, study support, and clinical expertise for our emerging medical devices. The CFS will also be responsible for communicating internally any market dynamics, device issues or potential improvements, study activities/compliance, adverse event adjudication and study enrollment strategies. The CFS would provide presence for device support as requested and assist with CRO management and study long-term follow up logistics as appropriate.
The primary objective of the CFS is to drive quality and patient recruitment in our clinical studies and develop relationships with our key investigative sites. The secondary objective will be to enhance procedure outcomes and communicate internally any field issues as they relate to the study device and protocol.
• An undergraduate degree in a related field is essential with 3+ years of direct experience with medical devices and investigational study activities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication, both oral and written, and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively solve problems
• Ability to travel up to 90%. Limited International travel may be required.
• Have a clear understanding of cath lab procedures and terminology
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Convey enthusiasm for work and initiate activities without prompting
• Understand and interpret technical, scientific and clinical information as it applies to product
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle environment. This is a field based position outside of the home office in which majority of work is expected to be conducted in the hospital and home office setting. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Bard Lutonix is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.